- Zimbabwe Stock Exchange indices increasePosted 10 hours ago
- FBC Bank secures $60m syndicated loan to boost Zimbabwean economyPosted 10 hours ago
- Berita Khumalo Meets Shingi Mangoma At Harare Jazz FestivalPosted 1 day ago
- John Legend Harare show cancelledPosted 6 days ago
- Zimbabwe Creates Company to Purchase Bad Debt From BanksPosted 6 days ago
- KFC Shocked By Overwhelming Demand In ZimbabwePosted 6 days ago
- Brian Soko Honored for no worries and Drunk in lovePosted 6 days ago
- Greenfuel’s $500m investment means much to ZambiaPosted 7 days ago
- Tuku to be honoured in London tribute dinnerPosted 7 days ago
- Zimbabwe eyes China investment as Mugabe meets XiPosted 7 days ago
EcoCash integrates to DSTV for pay TV subscription via mobile money
If you thought being able to pay for your DStv at a supermarket till point was convenient (it was, we tried it), this is just going to be awesome. It’s one development we know most middle income families have been waiting for. Econet has integrated its mobile money service, EcoCash, to Multichoice’s DStv enabling subscribers to pay instantly via the mobile phones anytime, from anywhere. The announcement was made today via adverts in the local print press.
Until now, paying for your DStv subscription meant going to a bank, standing in a queue, making a deposit, and then sometimes needing to call Multichoice to confirm the payment had gone through so they could activate your subscription. Sometimes if you paid after a certain cutoff, you’d have to wait for the next day. If this new service works like it’s supposed to, not anymore! Life is too short to go to the bank!
We imagine the service will benefit both companies; those that wouldn’t subscribe on time because of the hassles of doing so will conveniently be able to instantly. EcoCash on the other hand will probably get the additional subscribers who so far didn’t have any direct use case for it.
PLEASE NOTE: The Articles not written by Youngzimbabwe.com are merely being promoted by Youngzimbabwe.com. To see the orignal writers and publishers please click on "READ MORE".